The Game Forum
Welcome to the AGF! Stay and play awhile!

The Colormen Thread

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Colormen Thread

Post by Toz76 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:01 am

Fair enough... but let's not include him in the 300.

In other news... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors

I know you'll never forgive me. And I don't blame you. I wouldn't forgive me either. I was ignorant and irresponsible and small-minded. But predators shouldn't suffer because of my mistakes. I have to fix this. But I can't do it without you. *crying* And after we're done, you can hate me, and that'll be fine, because I was a horrible friend, and I hurt you. And you can walk away knowing you were right all along. I really am just a dumb bunny.
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

View user profile http://allgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:18 pm

OK, what about Man in Jet and Man in Raven?

The sands of time for me are running low
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:43 pm

As in jet black and raven black?

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Jet is a color, but not raven. I'll add man in jet to the list.

I know you'll never forgive me. And I don't blame you. I wouldn't forgive me either. I was ignorant and irresponsible and small-minded. But predators shouldn't suffer because of my mistakes. I have to fix this. But I can't do it without you. *crying* And after we're done, you can hate me, and that'll be fine, because I was a horrible friend, and I hurt you. And you can walk away knowing you were right all along. I really am just a dumb bunny.
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:05 pm

And I'll give him a characteristic:

Man in jet: good; expert in spells that involve flying

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CGT on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:07 pm

I will mention mine

Man in Cyan
Man in Tan
Man in Brass
Man in Topaz (topaz is an orangish color)
Man in Shamrock

Also I created a wiki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://colorfolk.wikia.com/wiki/Colorfolk_Wikia
CGT
Game Boarder
Game Boarder

Location : I'm in an alternative universe, and my computer is a portal to your universe, and in this universe HiT never bought TTTE and TUGS never ended, I connect to this universe to wonder how it all is here

Character sheet
Name of Character: Lonic Greenwood
Species: Elf (+1 Wisdom, -1 Strength)
Allignment: Neutral Good (+1 Empathy)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Actually, I'd say Topaz is closer to brown, and it's properly called Shamrock Green, but otherwise, great! I think we actually mentioned Cyan and Tan at one point... they might even have had artifacts! I'll add 'em.

Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:30 pm

A Colorfolk wiki?   Interesting.

why didn't anyone tell me?  Now I have a lot of "research" to do to provide information for it, lol

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:38 pm

TGC just made it 20 minutes ago Razz

Research away!

Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by CGT on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:04 pm

I have a perfect theme to play while you are researching https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=guIaCocnNaw just put it in a background tab and be in a good mood

Also 2 more colormen

Man in Light
Man in Dark
CGT
Game Boarder
Game Boarder

Location : I'm in an alternative universe, and my computer is a portal to your universe, and in this universe HiT never bought TTTE and TUGS never ended, I connect to this universe to wonder how it all is here

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Per se, light and dark aren't colors in and of themselves. Something like light blue dark blue, light orange dark orange, however, can be considered a color.

Thanks TGC; by proposing 2 colormen you actually proposed a few dozen, actually.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:24 pm

We already have light yellow, etc. But the rest can be made, just make sure it's a color, not a generic term.

Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Here's the story behind the first colorman created, the Man in Black:

MAN IN BLACK: (CURRENT)

Born William Blackson, the Man in Black is the first colorman known to attack the Island of Sodor's railways directly. He is a direct descendant of Arthur Blackson, the first Man in Black, who was a rather respected blacksmith in the town he grew up in. Perhaps explaining his knack for magic involving metal manipulation, for reasons unknown he tried to trap and destroy all the red engines on Sodor. He was foiled by the current Man in Blue, who used his powers to, ironically, render Man in Black colorblind. Despite his vision issues, he is still quite powerful, and one of the most feared evil colormen

TRIVIA:

1. Not only is he colorblind, but due to a brawl with the Man in Salmon over mistaking him for a Man in Pink, he has a rather large scar on his left arm. Because of this, even in summer time he always wears long sleeves
2. His lineage artifact is the Javelin of Blackson. However, because the current Man in Black is evil, as well as many of his ancestors dating back to the mid-1600s, the prism saw them as unworthy, and stripped the lineage of it. The javelin was last seen in 1657
3. He is 5'11", 200 lbs, has black hair and eyes, and rather light skin tone. His favorite song is, appropriately "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Bingo. I'll add it to the wiki later, unless someone beats me to it. Razz

Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:56 pm

MAN IN BLACK: (Original)

Arthur Blackson was a humble blacksmith, well respected in his town. While the Colormen scholars are unsure where he lived, based on descriptions of the area in his journals, he is believed to have lived in a small village outside of what today is the town of Cronk. Little is known about the man himself, but when he was chosen to become the Man in Black, it is said that after the original Man in Blue was given his artifact, from then on the Prism entrusted Blackson himself to forge any artifacts made of iron for his fellow colormen. Why this is the case, instead of the prism granting the artifacts to their owners outright, is unknown. Most unusual for blacksmiths of the time, he lived a rather long life of 97 years, supposedly dying by "the wrath of a vengeful soul." What this means, however, remains a mystery.

TRIVIA:

1. He only married once, and with his wife had seven children. Of his family though, only his eldest two sons names, John and Jasper, are known. The name of his own wife and his other five children are lost to history.
2. Legend has it that the Javelin of Blackson, his family's artifact, was crafted with "Star iron." What this means, however, is a mystery.
3. One of the many stories in Colormen tradition is that one day, he used the Javelin to slay a "great horned beast" that was terrorizing his village. Said beast was described as having "two horns, four feet, the strength of a heard of oxen, and as tall as a church steeple." However, the only account of this event was written 40 years after Arthur Blackson's death, casting some doubt on this story's accuracy. Since this incident happened when Arthur was 40, this casts further doubt because that means it was also written 80 years after the actual incident occurred. To this day, however, Colormen scholars still debate the authenticity.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:23 pm

MAN IN BLUE: (Current)

Daniel Erdagovern is the latest in a long, distinguished line of colormen.  The Current Man In Blue is, like all others before him, a genius in many fields of knowledge.  While there is no true leader of the Colormen, Erdagovern often acts as the leader de facto, given his brilliance of mind, respect for everyone, and successes in trying to establish the colormen's reformation and redemption after years of corruption in "the dark times."  He was also the first good colorman to come in contact with the engines of Sodor. He is one of only eight colormen to still possess the artifact of his family line, the Blade of Erdagovern.

TRIVIA:

1. He is 5'10", 170 lbs, and has brown hair and brown eyes, and "pale Irish skin."  Because of this, he does not like to be outside for extended periods of time unless it is a matter of utmost importance.  His IQ is 173
   2. He secretly has feelings for his female counterpart; however, because no colorman has ever married a colorwoman, he fears what would happen if a colorman and colorwoman had children together, believing that "clashing color-lineages would destroy each other."  Whether or not this is true though, is unknown
   3. Despite being trained in the old traditions and arts of the colormen, he is still quite up to date with modern technology, and knows how to use a computer, smart phone, etc.

* don't put this on the wiki, but just something I want to put out there:

(NOTE: despite being counterparts in color, they are not related.  In fact, colormen archives do not have any indication of how the colorwomen power is passed down, due to being a separate faction)

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Well, I'm on the Wiki, and editing like mad. Razz

The sands of time for me are running low
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:50 pm

MAN IN BLUE: (original)

Matthew Erdagovern was the original Man in Blue. Little is known about the man himself, but he is a very significant man in the History of the colormen. A scholar of the time period, he is believed to be responsible for having Sodor accept ideas that other Western World countries of the time rejected, such as the concept of Zero, the idea that scientific advances shouldn't be hindered by church beliefs, and Mercury should not be used as medicine. He was the first colorman to be accepted by the prism, and helped establish the Great Hall of the Colormen; a building that serves as the headquarters for the colormen. He died when he was 98 years old, and on his deathbed he declared "Pro datri seg mola, quis dem welna, siy trenwa." The meaning of this declaration is unknown, for it is in a language that simply, does not exist.

TRIVIA:

1) He was the eldest of nine children. Though rumors persist that his three sisters became the first Woman In Yellow, Woman in Gray and Woman in Lavender, colormen archives possess no written accounts confirming or denying this. Again, it is because the Colorwomen are considered a separate faction.
2) His artifact was the only one given to him by the spirit of the prism directly; all other artifacts were forged by craftsman within the first generation of colormen
3) According to one journal entry, He supposedly created a cart that allowed him to "Go from the mountain to the castle and back, without horse or ox." Given that oil has never been discovered on Sodor, and the steam engine would not be invented for hundreds more years, it is currently unknown if this cart ever existed, and if it did, how it worked.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Great Hall of the Colormen:

The Great Hall of the Colormen is a building on Sodor dating back to the reign of King Godred. Large in size, yet humble in design, it is a perfect reflection of the nature of the colormen. That being men of humble origins being given these extraordinary powers and responsibilities. Although the exterior remains the same, minus the installation of modern windows/doors and various areas being restored here and there, some areas are up to date, such as the private quarters of the colormen who call the Great Hall home. The Great Hall is divided into six main areas:

Entrance hall:

The main room people enter via the front doors. it is simply furnished, with plain paint and furniture.

Colorman archives:

Nicknamed the "knowledge bunker" by some, the archives are serve as the storage of all records, knowledge, etc. pertaining to the colormen's history and in some cases, the history of Sodor. It is watched over by the Man in Gold, whose lineage had always been men of knowledge. The records stored here span many hundreds of years, from texts of spells the colormen used, to journals and diaries of colormen long gone. Given the importance of protecting such knowledge, when Man in Gold is not out on official business, he is on duty here, maintaining the collection of over 1,000,000 manuscripts and texts. His quarters are within the archives, separate from the rest, so that he does not need to walk far to do his duty.

Private quarters:

The colormen rooms are divided into three types:

Bunkrooms are composed of ten bunkbeds; the ten men who share these rooms are generally colormen who do not have permanent residence in the Great Hall, only staying for a few days at most when they are called upon. Each bunkroom is connected to a kitchen and group bathroom, supplying all colormen with their basic needs during their stay

"Secondary" housing refers to the rooms where the colormen who are needed on a regular basis stay, but still have a home to go to at least 1/2 of the year. The rooms have a little more to them, but are still modest. Each secondary unit houses four Colormen, plus their families when needed. Unlike the bunkrooms, where colormen have no control over which bed or bunkroom they get, secondary housing unitls are "secured" by their residents; they are permanently owned by their respective inhabitants.

"primary housing" has one colorman to a unit. These belong to the colormen who take up permanent residence within the Great Hall. Still modest in appearance, they have everything they need to live life, raise a family, etc. When the color is passed on, the next generation also takes over the unit, unless the older colorman passing it on has decided otherwise; in that case he will decide when the next generation is ready to inherit control of the unit, in a manner not so different from handling the artifacts

Recreation area:

Indoor activities, ranging from pool to ping pong and everything in between to keep the colormen happy with non-work activities. In the mid 20th century, a renovation added a pool area an tennis court in the adjacent land outside

Command central:

Meeting hall of the colormen; where most business is handled, and in times of crisis, where plans are made.

Training area:

Specially designed rooms and areas where colormen can perfect their craft. Spells don't teach themselves you know.

TRIVIA:

1) Despite being hundreds of years old, the building has never suffered any failures of design. Renovations only required inspections to make sure the building was still solid.
2) Records in the archives indicate that this may in fact be the second Great Hall; whether or not this is true though, remains a mystery
3) Despite the front door not requiring any keys, somehow the doors "know" when strangers approach, and "refuse" to open to any who are not welcomed to the Great Hall

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Ok guys, that was my last research for today; I'll do more tomorrow.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CGT on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:11 am

Bio for Man in Lime Green

Good, strange at times, but has creative thinking (I asked a relative to summarize me and they made that exact response, well, now I'm a colorman Very Happy )

Man in Amethyst

Good, quite the one to judge, however, has the strongest spells, even exceeding the Man in Blue himself, and would almost be an even match to the bronze Mage, however he had been attacking the Man in Emerald and couldn't be in the fight.

Last edited by TGC on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
CGT
Game Boarder
Game Boarder

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:19 am

I'm working on the history of the colorwomen. Nothing is definite yet, though.

TGC, the wiki is giving me trouble, so could you get light and dark? Although Light Blue, Dark Green, etc. Are colors, Dark and light themselves aren't.

Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:43 am

Also, two more! Gamboge and Heliotrope.

Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:49 am

I know Diesel 11 is currently researching man in gold; but just so it is out there, 2 things are known about him so far:

1) possesses one of the artifacts that is known to still exist; the Spear of Criddleton (his last name is Criddleton, BTW)
2) when not performing other colormen business, he is the archivist of the Colormen archives (see Great Hall of the Colormen post)

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:35 am

Timeline:

Roughly 900 Years ago: First Colormen
Roughly 400 Years ago: Breaking of the prism
Roughly 9 Months Ago: First Battle of Sodor
Roughly 6 Months ago: War of the prism pieces
Roughly 5 Months Ago: Second battle of Sodor. Woman in Pink Cleansed. Bronze Mage disappears.
Roughly 3 days ago: Evil colormen return to Sodor.

BTW, we still haven't "researched" the Bronze Mage. Dibs!

Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content