The Game Forum
Welcome to the AGF! Stay and play awhile!

The Story Quiz

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Story Quiz

Post by Toz76 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:46 pm

A story quiz is quite simple. The "quizgiver" gives a scenario, ending with three options. The "quiztaker" chooses an option, and then the quizgiver posts another scenario, and the story progresses. The "Cocopuff quizzes" are told in this way. In this instance, I'm the quizgiver, and whoever asks first is the quiztaker. If you are not part of the quiz, feel free to comment on the situation, just try not to distract from the quiz.

_____
You are a waiter at "The Decent Cafe" in Cincinnati. You don't like your job, and would rather work at "The Better Cafe" across the street, but your boss refuses to allow you to go there for a job interview.

Do you:
A: Quit your job and go?
B: Call in sick and go secretly?
Or C: Stay in your current job?

(I realize it's a boring premise, but it'll get better. They always do. Wink)
avatar
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1645
Points : 3231
Join date : 2015-07-11
Age : 16
Location : The Tozerverse of story and song

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

View user profile http://allgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Overall, I'd say C. The boss may change his mind, and even then, they may not like me.
avatar
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Posts : 2907
Points : 7199
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : HERE

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Does this mean I wait for the next round before moving on?

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:56 pm

I don't know. What do we do?
avatar
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Posts : 2907
Points : 7199
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : HERE

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Toz76 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:15 pm

I give the next scenario. I changed my mind, though, anyone can make a choice.

___
You choose to remain at the Decent Cafe. You work hard, and make a little extra, but you still feel something's missing.

What do you do with the extra money?

A) Start model railroading?
B) Take a vacation to the Republican Democracy of the Congo?
Or C) Invest in the stock market?
avatar
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1645
Points : 3231
Join date : 2015-07-11
Age : 16
Location : The Tozerverse of story and song

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

View user profile http://allgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:19 pm

A) start model railroading.  There's this lovely LB&SCR E2 tank engine plus coaches I've had my eyes on; Timmy the Tiny engine, plus his coaches Andy and Clarence.  Now I have the money to Get it.

(grrr.... Curse you copyright laws... We know what I am talking about and I can't say it)


Last edited by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Toz76 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:40 pm

(It should be fine. While we're discussing dancing around copyright laws, read this http://www.freetrackplans.com/820-Fictional-Island-Layout.php Razz)

So you buy "Timmy" and work on your layout, a model of his branchline from "Sleephonda" to "Nearmine" (Razz).

You finish your layout at last, but that very day, you learn that your father, who lives in Seattle, has broken his leg.

Do you:

A) Go visit.
B) Stay home, but send a card.
Or C) Do nothing; you moved to Cincinnati to get AWAY from your family.
avatar
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1645
Points : 3231
Join date : 2015-07-11
Age : 16
Location : The Tozerverse of story and song

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

View user profile http://allgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:47 pm

A) I love my family, and will vist

I go to the secret compartment of my dresser. There is $2000 cash I have saved for emergencies

"And good thing I just found out all is fine... I can finally say Thomas Annie and clarabel!"

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Toz76 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:52 pm

So, you fly into Seattle.

But where do you stay?

A) In your old house?
B) In a hotel?
C) In a tent?
avatar
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1645
Points : 3231
Join date : 2015-07-11
Age : 16
Location : The Tozerverse of story and song

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

View user profile http://allgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:03 pm

A) in my old house

At least my room is still intact.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:30 am

Can anyone give a quiz?
avatar
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Posts : 2907
Points : 7199
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : HERE

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Toz76 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Yes, go nuts.

So, in your old room, you see a favorite childhood toy: a wind-up mouse named Herbicide Bernice. Do you

A: Wind it up?
B: Throw it out the window?
Or C: Just leave it?
avatar
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1645
Points : 3231
Join date : 2015-07-11
Age : 16
Location : The Tozerverse of story and song

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

View user profile http://allgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:22 pm

C) I think I'll just leave it; I don't want it to break after all

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Someone comes to your door. Is it

A: Aunt Beatrice, your dad's eccentric old-maid sister?
B: Your fairy godmother, coming to help you cope?
Or C: The pizza delivery man, who has been your best friend ever since you started to like pizza?
avatar
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Posts : 2907
Points : 7199
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : HERE

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Toz76 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:53 pm

A) It's her!! Ahh!
avatar
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1645
Points : 3231
Join date : 2015-07-11
Age : 16
Location : The Tozerverse of story and song

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

View user profile http://allgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Aunt Beatrice has entered your house and begins launching into one of here infamous "speeches". How does it begin?

A: "Young man, your father has a broken arm, and all you do is sit around..."
B: "If you're still imagining things like that fairy godmother..."
Or C: "You had no right to call that pizza man! Pizza is much too greasy, and..."
avatar
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Posts : 2907
Points : 7199
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : HERE

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:09 pm

A). But before she can continue, I cut her off. Do I say

A) hey, you are not Aunt Beatrce!
B) I was just putting my stuff away; I'm going to see dad now
C) wow, look at the time. I had better get going before the hospital closes

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:14 pm

B. But now what happens?

A. She leaves me, and I go to Dad.
B. She says, "I don't trust you," and stays with me and follows me to Dad's.
Or C. She slaps me for interrupting and continues her speech/war. Razz
avatar
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Posts : 2907
Points : 7199
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : HERE

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:17 pm

A) what a relief.

So now I head to the hospital. Where do I park?

A) in the parking garage
B) in the parking lot
C) parking? I walked here!

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:25 pm

B: Parking garages cost too much. Plus, it's a bit too long to walk AND arrive on the same day.

So where do I go first?

A: Straight to Dad.
B: To the cafe; I'm starved!
C: To the nurses; they are some pretty lookin' chicks! Wink
avatar
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Posts : 2907
Points : 7199
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : HERE

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:31 pm

A) I'm really shy around girls Sad

Dad's napping, so I think I'll read a book to pass the time. Hey, one of these might help me! Do I read:

A) "the shy man's guide to understanding females"
B) "Don't be scared, they are people just like you"
C) "how to overcome shyness around females"

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Hallowed Be Thy Name on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:35 pm

All; if I have time.

Which do I read first?

A: The Shy Man's Guide To Understanding Females?
B: Don't Be Scared; They Are People Just Like You?
Or C: How To Overcome Shyness Around Females?
avatar
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Mod
Mod

Posts : 2907
Points : 7199
Join date : 2015-07-13
Location : HERE

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

View user profile http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:42 pm

I guess I'll start with B
I pick up the book and read

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Toz76 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:50 pm

As you read, the phone rings. Who's calling?

A) Aunt Beatrice?
B) The President?
Or C) The girl from the Better Cafe back home?
avatar
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1645
Points : 3231
Join date : 2015-07-11
Age : 16
Location : The Tozerverse of story and song

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

View user profile http://allgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:51 pm

What the heck, choice C

I take a deep breath and say "hello?"

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Posts : 1870
Points : 4188
Join date : 2015-07-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Story Quiz

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum