The Game Forum
Welcome to the AGF! Stay and play awhile!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Game Forum
Welcome to the AGF! Stay and play awhile!
The Game Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Diary

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dear Diary - Page 2 Empty Re: Dear Diary

Post by The Number of the Diesel Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:11 pm

January 25th:

Well, I told that story to some college buddies today, and by the way they looked, I don't think that they'll be buddies with me for much longer...

Anne was a little frustrated today again, but it wasn't over Gilbert; it was some college professor who criticized her or something.

Well, I've got to get to bed; "see" you tomorrow.
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet
Name of Character: Behemoth (Gene)
Species: Other: (+1 Endurance, -1 Empathy)
Allignment: True Neutral (No bonus, less likely to be attacked)

http://thelocalbar.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:50 pm

January 26th:

Back to work on project Awdry... I've prepared a 54" by 36" board for the main sheds. It will connect to a 70" by 22" board for the nearby station, which in turn connects to a 36" by 22" harbor. Adjacent to all three is a shunting yard, 124" by 21", which connects to Callandale station (16" by 36") on the opposite side. That's my short-term goal, and it will cover most of Tidmouth, excluding Lower Tidmouth and Town Hall. Better get to work!

(Actually, I hope to model those 5 boards myself sometime... that's why it's so precise Razz)
Toz76
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

https://allgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Friday, January 27th;

This may just be a fraction of the overall Sodor, but it is just beginning after all.  I guess it's good that I have no homework this semester; more time to work on this.

I wonder if I could start a model train club at college... I'd love to get some equally passionate people on this.  Hold on, phone.

(Later)

Unbelievable!  That was Gregory... Not only did he say he's got a pair of Caledonian 812s, he's also got a GWR 14xx and the parts I need to modify my a3 to be the A0.

Note to self:

Find reference shots for 1920s era coastal barges.  They don't make any in the scale I'm using that look quite right, so gotta improvise.  If I find where he's supposed to be beached, it'll be perfect.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Number of the Diesel Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:20 pm

January 28th:

I had no time for "Project Awdry" today, because I was so busy. In fact, it's almost midnight, so I'll tell you tomorrow.
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:23 am

Sunday, January 29th;

Put the project on hold this weekend only to work on proposing a model train club at college.  Prepared a brief presentation and outline, now all I gotta do is present it to the school board.  It'll certainly be another way to make friends on campus.  Better start rehearsing; I will be seeing them later this week with my presentation.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Number of the Diesel Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:17 pm

January 30th:

My rooms look like a bomb went off here, and in a way, yes, one did. I was cooking when suddenly the stove malfunctioned and WOOM!! blew up. Luckily, I had the fire extinguisher on had, but still, what a mess!
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:37 pm

January 31st;

Well I have some good news; after cleaning up it turns out my apartment's kitchen is for the most part still solid, but the stove is gone.  The landlord assured me this was In Working order, so if he doesn't replace it, we're gonna have a problem.  (Since he rents the apartment, the landlord owns the stove in the kitchen)

Well, guess it's microwaved Mac and cheese for dinner tonight.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:45 pm

February 1st:

Went to work on Callandale, scratchbuilding the station and laying track. It'll be a lot of work...

And I did some mental math: to get the supplies I need for Tidomouth sheds, the track, and the scenery will be over 500 dollars! And I don't even have a job!
Toz76
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:58 pm

February 2nd;

Got some good news today; apparently that museum job I was looking at, it didn't work out with the other guy so they want to see me come in and give me a chance!  I mean, sure, my parents are sending me a monthly allowance, but after bills and necessities, there's only about 40 dollars left.  

Still in classes, but I should be able to do part time still.  I'm ahead in credits anyway, so I can afford to drop a class or two

Good news- landlord took responsibility; will be replacing with new stove free of charge. That's a relief.  Time to go to sleep; some time this week I propose the new club to the school board, so gotta be rested.  So should be prepared every day, no matter what.

Last edited by Frankthetriviaman on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Number of the Diesel Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Later:

I can't really fall asleep, so I'm looking through this diary. You know what? In today's entry, I spell responsibility "refponsibility". Oops.

Well, I'd better get back to bed. Good night!
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:27 pm

February 3rd:

I dropped a couple classes that aren't really going to do anything for me, so now I've got time for that museum job.  Should compliment the money I get from allowance.

But time to go in and propose the model train club... Here it goes.

(Later)

It went surprisingly well.  I didn't stutter or anything, and the school board didn't laugh or criticize the idea.  They said they'll let me know in three weeks or so if the idea is approved.  I can wait.

Back to work... Not much homework, but this one paper needs a lot of research in order to work.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Number of the Diesel Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:57 pm

February 4th, 1:15 A.M.:

I just woke up from a dream of chanting Diesels going, "101010 is the Number of the Diesel."

I need to stop drinking Mountain Dew before I go to sleep.

Good night again.
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:34 pm

(Later that day)

Ugh... What a night.  I think I'm gonna need a new pillow.

Been reading up on my history when not doing homework... Gotta stay up to date with the past... If that makes sense.

There's a whole thing on railroads... Could specialize there.  For now better do what they want me to do though.

Better get going... Have much to do.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Number of the Diesel Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:06 pm

5 seconds later:

By the way, I need to remember to find out a recipe for chicken salad sandwiches. Thanks! Bye.
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:22 pm

(Why are we suddenly splitting so many days?  We're gonna have to skip one to make up for it)

February 6th:

Sorry I forgot to write yesterday, but there was an emergency.  Someone broke into 2C downstairs, and now everyone is on edge.  I tell you, I've never seen so many officers around here.  Spent all day securing my model train collection... It's been a big investment after all.  Better go, my neighbor in 4A is starting to scream again.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Number of the Diesel Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Later that night:

Well, the police caught the thief. Fast, wasn't it? I don't know how they did it, but they wanted to tell me tomorrow. Good night!
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:53 pm

February 7th;

Well, it's one week until Valentine's Day, so I asked Gilbert how his plan is coming along.

"Fantastic... So, you doing the usual?"  He said. I just sighed and said "yea"

I've never had a girlfriend, so for me, Valentine's Day has always been "Lonely hearts club" day (yes, love the Beatles).

After I moved away from home to go to Toz University, being in a place where you do not know anyone, it can be difficult finding someone.  I was glad when Gilbert and his Mom moved to town not to long later; at least I have them.

I'm 20 now, but being alone isn't too bad... Once you get used to it.  I'll just do what I've been doing for the last couple years:

Send Valentine's Day cards to my family

Lock myself in my apartment all day with my video games... Actually, there's a couple classes that day, so I'll do that part after classes.

Then, I order a pizza and enjoy as much as I want for dinner, and save the rest for the next day or so.

And that's lonely hearts club day in apartment 4B.  Better go now, Gilbert just asked for help with "butterflies and candy canes."  Eh, it's for Anne, not me, I won't judge.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Number of the Diesel Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:22 pm

February 8th:

So... I wonder how I should say this... Heck, it's my diary; no one'll read it anyway.

I met a lonely looking girl today and struck up a conversation. Eventually we got around to the subject of Valentine's Day, and I asked her if she had any plans. She said she didn't, and when I asked her if she would like to have dinner with me (I'm a good cook), she said yes. (Yippee! I hate monotonous things.)

So, all I need now is to find out what to make...
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:49 pm

February 9th:

Well, at least we both go to Toz U; so we get to talk until then.  We both hate Chinese food, so that's a good start.  I'll ask her if she likes Italian... No ones ever says anything bad about mom's chicken Parmesan recipe... It's the best!

I hope she has an interest in old rock music, model trains, video games and/or history and science... Because I realize there isn't much more to my life!  Better get going; don't want to be late for class

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Number of the Diesel Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:01 pm

February 10th:

Well, today I asked her what she liked to eat, and guess what... she said chicken Parmesan! Well, that's a relief!

Also, she said that she likes any type of rock, including metal (which I'm starting to get into), and that model trains are her hobby. She's not a big fan of video games, but history and science are her favorite subjects.

Tomorrow I'm going to ask her what movies and TV series she likes.
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:05 pm

February 11:

I think I've found the perfect girl. Maisie is everything I'd ever hoped for in a girl. I'm super-lucky...

In other news, I got a response about the model railroad club. I'll open it tomorrow, studying has burned me out.
Toz76
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:26 pm

February 12th:

The first day of Toz U model train club has officially started.  School board said I have 3 Weeks to find 8 members (not counting myself) and a professor to "sponsor" the club.

(Later)

All right, Dr. Trenton is more than happy to sponsor the club.  That's a relief.

3 pm, me and Dr. Trenton are in the room I requested... It's big, empty and a "spare" so we can do pretty much anything.  Here goes the best (shoot!  Didn't tell Maisie about it... She's probably busy anyway.  Remember what dad said "take it slow at first... Always get to know them before going to the next level."  Thanks dad.  I don't want to blow it)

4:00

Well, for a first day, it wasn't that bad.  Had 5 new members:

Chad- sophomore, liked model trains since he was five.
Carter- sophomore, liked model trains since he was seven
William- junior, liked model trains since he was six
Roger- freshman, liked model trains since he was five
Samuel- sophomore, just got into model trains, but has much potential

The best part- all grew up with and loved Thomas the tank engine, like me.  When the time is right, I'll reveal project Awdry to them.

Just three members to go.  Oh, hold on a second

(Later)

He missed the meeting cause of an accident near the highway, but make that two to go:

Justin- junior, liked model trains since he was eight.  (Also liked Thomas!)

Seriously, is Maisie the only girl in the world that liked model trains?  Eh, it's been a long day, I'll sleep on it.

As for movies-

I never was into horror/suspense, but I love a good comedy or movie about WWII.  So long as it's a good WWII movie... That 2001 Pearl Harbor movie was terrible.  I'll always have a soft spot for anything by Disney or Pixar though.  As for TV shows... Because back home I have 14 cousins under the age of nine, I watch a lot of kids shows.  From Thomas to power rangers, I've seen them all.... And boy a lot of today's shows are just terrible.  I do watch other TV shows... Mostly stuff on discovery channel, history channel, and other stuff here and there.  Better ask what she's in to... We could pull something up on Netflix if she wants to.

Last edited by Frankthetriviaman on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz76 Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:29 pm

February 13th:

Well, it's a small world, isn't it? Chad is Maisie's brother! I didn't even make the connection at the time, but how many Branwells can there be? Anyway, she's in, so one to go.

I read this thing online today, some guy created "the Pixar theory" and claims that all the Pixar movies take place in the same universe. It's interesting...

I'm working on the Coaching stock for Project Awdry. For the main line, I need to make 6 "old coaches" (3 green and cream, 3 LNER "teak"), and 6 "special coaches" (blue, lined red), but I can buy the rest. Branch lines are much easier; red is already made, I can just paint some orange
Toz76
Toz76
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name of Character:
Species:
Allignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankthetriviaman Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:36 am

(Adding to the list; really give us an idea of the writer's goals)

So, been thinking about the engines I'll need.  Gotta break it down so I can figure everything out.  Regretfully none of my engines have faces, because I am using actual basis engines instead of licensed products, but I think it'll work in the end.  I haven't seen any TVS engines that impress me, so I'll stick to RWS for now.

Let's see...should work out like this:

(Note: cannot make faces due being unsure how to "make it work" but otherwise, will repaint as necessary.  List also can be improved late on)

North Western Railway:
Thomas- E2 tank engine model squired.  Need to modify slightly and repaint.  Will pull two repainted branch line coaches, Annie and Clarabel on Ffarquhar line
Edward- model custom bully. Ready to go.  Will pull freight train on brendham line
Henry- black five model acquired.  Need to modify and repaint.  Will pull "flying kipper" on main line
Gordon- A3 model acquired, need to modify into A0 and repaint as such.  Will pull 4 "express" coaches on main line
James- model custom built, ready to go.  Will pull "main line coaches" on main line
Percy- looked at six saddle tank engine models, have found none that look quite right.  When squired, will pull freight train or mail train on Ffarqhar branch
Toby- J70 model acquired, needs repaint.  Will pull Henrietta, Victoria and Elsie (may need to custom build the rolling stock) Ffarqhar branch
Duck- acquired 57xx tank engine model.  Tweak some details, it'll be good to go.  Will pull 2 auto coaches, Alice and Mirabel (repaint coaches?) little western branch
Donald and Douglas- have 2 Caledonian 812 models; cannot decide between Caledonian blue RWS or BR black TVS.  Both will pull freight trains, Douglas pulls Toad the brakevan (model acquired and ready) little western branch
Oliver- have 14xx tank engine model.  Once details tweaked, it's ready to go.  Will pull 2 auto coaches, Isabel and Dulcie (repaint auto coaches?) little western branch
Daisy- have not found basis.  Will repaint if necessary.  Ffarquhar branch; pull milk train(?) or nothing
Mavis- basis not found, may need detailing, Ffarquhar quarry
BoCo- basis not found, may need repaint, brendham branch with freight train
Bear- basis not found.  Will pull "main line coaches" on main line
Bill and Ben- looking for "Alfred and Judy" to repaint.  Will work in clay puts on brendham line

Skarloey line-

(Must acquire all models of Talylln railway engines; may need to custom build rolling stock)

Skarloey- reapaint talyllyn model.  Will pull Agnes, Ruth, Jemima, Lucy and Beatrice
Rheneas- repaint Dolgoch model.  Will pull freight train
Sir Handel- repaint Sir Haydn model.  Will pull Gertrude and Millicent
Peter Sam- repaint Edward Thomas model will pull slate trucks and Cora
Rusty- repaint Midlander.  Will pull freight train
Duncan- repaint Douglas. Will pull Ada, Jane and Mabel
Ivo Hugh- repaint Tom Rolt. Will pull freight train
Duke- repaint Prince.  Unless can find more about Skarloey coaches, will sit in shed on set
Fred- repaint Alf model.  Probably sit in siding

Arlesdale railway-

(Have all models, just need repainting.  May need to custom build rolling stock)

Rex- pull wool train
Mike- pull bogie ballast cars
Bert- pull passenger train
Jock- pull passenger train
Frank- pull some sort of freight train

Culdee Fell-

(Need to acquire models of Snowdon engines and coaches.  May need to custom build works train)

Culdee- push Catherine
Lord Harry/Patrick- push "the truck"
Godred- sit in shed
Wilfred, Ernest, Shane Dooiney, Alaric and Eric- unknown at moment.

I'd add the Peel Godred branch, but there is next to nothing with regard to information on that one.  I'll probably just ignore that one.

Frankthetriviaman
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Number of the Diesel Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:17 pm

(Later):

I was at a model train store, and I saw a cool looking electric engine. It gave me the idea to use electric engines for the Peel Godred branch. Yippee!
The Number of the Diesel
The Number of the Diesel
Mod
Mod

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum